Oh, Harvard Square, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- I love that you’re so conveniently located, a place where everyone goes to meet for food, drinks, and merriment. Relatedly, no one has ever told you that you’re too far to visit (cough cough), unlike Davis or Union square.
- I love that you’re home to Felipe’s delicious burritos and amazing churros, Tasty Burger’s indulgent food until 4:00 am, Shake Shack’s famous hamburgers and shakes, or even Grendel’s cheap happy-hour food prices. If I’m feeling like it’s a classier night, I love how you offer Night Market’s fun Asian fusion, Alden and Harlow’s Americana inspired plates, Orinoco’s Venezuelan arepas and empanadas, and Beat Hotel’s live music and creative cocktails.
- I love that you know all the sweet things to say like Mike’s Pastry, Sweet Cupcakes, Zinneken’s Belgian waffles, L.A. Burdick’s world-famous hot chocolate during the winter months and Lizzy’s homemade ice cream when it’s hot in the summer.
- I love how you always have a place for me to study and hit the books like Café Algiers, Crema Café for afternoon meetings, Darwin’s, and Tealuxe’s tea selection with over 120 teas. A perfect mix between the old and the new, you also throw long-standing favorites into the mix like Peet’s and Starbucks, too.
- When I’m done with studying, I love that you don’t make me travel far for some fun nightlife. Whether it’s sharing a famous Scorpion Bowl or dancing to my heart’s content on the third floor of Hong Kong, catching a performance at Oberon Theater, or learning how to dance Salsa at Fire and Ice, you know how to keep it fun.
- If I’m feeling like I want to splurge on new clothes, I don’t have to travel all the way to the Cambridgeside Galleria or even the Prudential Center. I just stop by and check out American Apparel, the Gap, Urban Outfitters, or mix things up by visiting the fun hat shop Gorin Brother’s. If I need more workout clothes to work off all the Felipe’s burritos, I just stop by City Sports or Eastern Mountain Sports for all my fitness needs.
Whether it’s food, nightlife, shopping, or study spots, Harvard Square, you never seem to disappoint.